Vegan Dominican Oatmeal Juice


One thing that I loved about living in New York's Washington Heights neighborhood was the exposure to Dominican culture. I discovered Spanish cuisine and spices native to Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and South America. One of my favorite treats was the Jugo de Avena ( Oatmeal Juice).

Every morning I would stand in a  very, very long line to taste the sweet nectar. It was especially great in the colder seasons. I would grab my cup of oatmeal juice and hop the train to work.

A week ago, I started experimenting  with flavors to recreate the drinkable oatmeal. Every attempt was more yummy. The ingredients are very simple and inexpensive.  Oatmeal Juice can be made in under 5 minutes.  It is a healthy way to start the day. Great recipe for weight lost and anyone on the go.


Ingredient ( Makes Two Cups)
2 teaspoon of Nutmeg
4  teaspoon Cinnamon
1 cup of Oatmeal
1 1/2 cup of Non-dairy milk
2 tablespoon of Brown sugar

1. Add dry oatmeal to a blender. Pulse until you have a fine powder.
2. Add milk, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar to the blender. Pulse until the mixture is smooth.
In the event that you want hot Oatmeal Juice, add to a pot over medium heat. Warm for 3 minutes then serve.


Comments

Popular Posts