Vegan Remix: Faux Meat - Seitan








Meat Cravings are real. We live in a world that caters to meat eaters. When I walk through the streets of New York, I see meat being sold via carts on the sidewalk, restaurants advertising a new chicken sandwich and elaborate meat displays in grocery stores.

If you are having cravings for meat or foods from your pre-vegan life, you can give into temptation without harming animals by try meat substitutes. You can substitute faux meat for meat  in all of your favorite pre-vegan dishes.Yes, fake meat! I know that it sounds weird to indulge in fake meat as a vegan. Try them and you will change your mind.  Last night, I had orange chicken vegan style and it was delicious.

Faux meats can be flavored to taste like chicken, beef, ham or turkey. You can prepare these faux meats in the comfort of your kitchen or purchase it from the store.  Recipes coming soon. Follow along with Vegan Afro's faux meat series, where we will review different faux meat selections.

Seitan is very popular in the vegan community for it's ability to mimic meat and texture. I made my own seitan from Red Mill's Vital Gluten. I have never been disappointed with the results.

Comments

Popular Posts