Budget Conscious: $4 Meal








When I was a child, I loved the flaky crust of potpie. I had been craving vegan potpie and after one failed attempt, I was finally able to make a hearty, delicious and healthy potpie. I used the veggies and faux meat that I had on hand in my refrigerator to whip up this treat.

I constantly hear the misnomer " you can't eat healthy on a budget" . I eat healthy on a budget. This entire meal cost $4, which is cheaper than the value meals at mainstream fast food restaurants. This is a great family meal, that children will love.




Ingredients
1 large eggplant (peel & clean)
1 pint of mushrooms ( slice into thin chunks)
5 large carrots ( peel & cleaned)
1 container of beef seitan (precooked)

 2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoon onion powder
1 tsp unrefined seasalt
1 tsp black pepper


1. Pour 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Saute eggplant, mushroom and beef seitain until they are browned/soft.
2. Set 2 cups of water to boil on the stove and add carrots, cook until they are soft.
3. Complete eggplant, mushroom, beef seitan and carrots in pie crust.
4. Season with garlic powder, salt, onion powder and pepper.
5. Bake on 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until brown.

ENJOY!







.

Comments

Popular Posts